Today we’re welcoming Sidney Bell to the blog. Sidney has brought a giveaway but more importantly is here to tell us a little more about their new release!
Mostly I think Rough Trade is a reminder that no matter what we’ve been through, it’s possible to grow and change and be loved. –Sidney Bell, author of the Woodbury Boys series
Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)by Sidney Bell
Release Date:Ebook: Monday December 3
Print (mmp): Tuesday December 25
Length: Ebook: 496 Print (mmp): 496
Subgenre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Male/Male Romance
Reader warnings: Childhood sexual abuse, angst
Quick-witted hustler Ghost is no stranger to living dangerously; survival has always been the name of the game.
He’s just always gone it alone.
Now he’s got the wrong people breathing down his neck, and the only way out demands placing his trust in the unlikeliest of heroes: Duncan Rook, a gruff cop whose ethics are as solid as his body.
Cozying up to a criminal is hardly what Duncan’s reputation on the force needs—especially when that criminal is temptation personified. Ghost is Duncan’s polar opposite, and the last person he expected to fall for.
So then why does every imaginable scenario for taking down their common enemy end with Ghost in his arms?
This book is approximately 122,000 words
One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise: all the romance you’re looking for with an HEA/HFN. It’s a promise!
So this was Ghost.
Duncan hadn’t been sure what to expect from Walt’s description: scared kid, smart mouth, liar through and through, tougher than he looked. He hadn’t expected to find a half-dead guy managing to stay upright behind a steering wheel on sheer willpower. He hadn’t expected beauty, especially not a beauty strong enough to shine through blood and bruises and ill-fitting clothes. A beauty of almost terrifying vulnerability, such that Duncan might’ve thought him harmless if not for Walt’s warning and the blade locked in his fist when Duncan had pulled him from the car.
I’ve heard good things about Sidney Bell books so when I saw the opportunity to read an ARC I jumped at the chance even though I hadn’t read the previous books, which isn’t something I usually do. This is a slow burn of a romance which given the nature of Ghost’s upbringing I don’t think the story would work any other way. For me, though I didn’t quite connect with the characters and I think had I read the previous books that would have been different. The book is really well written & I would recommend this to fans of slow burn romantic suspenses.
All buy links:
- Carina Press: https://www.carinapress.com/shop/books/9781335777119_rough-trade.html
- Harlequin: https://www.harlequin.com/shop/books/9781335777119_rough-trade.html
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Trade-Woodbury-Boys-Sidney/dp/1335777113
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rough-trade-sidney-bell/1128809466
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Sidney_Bell_Rough_Trade?id=xD9eDwAAQBAJ
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/rough-trade/id1391032235?mt=11
About Sidney Bell
Sidney Bell lives in Colorado with her amazingly supportive husband. She received her MFA degree in Creative Writing in 2010, considered aiming for the Great American Novel, and then promptly started writing fanfiction instead. More realistic grown-ups eventually convinced her to try writing something more fiscally responsible, though, which is how we ended up here. When she’s not writing, she’s playing violent video games, yelling at the television during hockey games, or supporting her local library by turning books in late.
Connect with Sidney:
- Instagram: @sidneybellbooks https://www.instagram.com/sidneybellbooks/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sidney-Bell-234780093548718/
- Twitter: @sidneybellbooks https://twitter.com/sidneybellbooks
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1655174.Sidney_Bell
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/default/e/B01JG56JDG?redirectedFromKindleDbs=true
- Website: sidneybell.com
- Blog: http://www.sidneybell.com/blog/
- Email: SIDNEYBELLBOOKS@GMAIL.COM
Win 1 of 5 Paperback of HARD LINE and LOOSE CANNON (Woodbury Boys series) by Sidney Bell! (North American addresses only) Enter the giveaway here.